• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat t190 problem PLEASE HELP!!!

crewchief888

I am thinking this is what happened. Anyway to know for sure?

the most common thing that happens is a drive motor failure, and plugged case drain filter(s).

the plugged case drains build up pressure in the drive motor, causing brake problems, possibly blowing the brake spring plate off the back of the motor and external leaks at the sprocket side of the motor.

i'd be willing to bet there was a previous failure, and somebody half-assed the repair and dumped the machine.

make sure you remove the case drain filter(s) and inspect for metal contamination, also change the hyd oil and filter.
in extreme contamination failures, it's not a bad idea to replace the hyd cooler as well

:drinkup

Rhino101

the most common thing that happens is a drive motor failure, and plugged case drain filter(s).

the plugged case drains build up pressure in the drive motor, causing brake problems, possibly blowing the brake spring plate off the back of the motor and external leaks at the sprocket side of the motor.

i'd be willing to bet there was a previous failure, and somebody half-assed the repair and dumped the machine.

make sure you remove the case drain filter(s) and inspect for metal contamination, also change the hyd oil and filter.

in extreme contamination failures, it's not a bad idea to replace the hyd cooler as well

:drinkup

I did a full service on the machine then right after the left side started squealing real bad I ran the machine for approx. 8 hrs and then removed the finals to have them checked. That is when the brakes where discovered in this shape. Since then I checked the case drains again. The right side was somewhat clean but the left. Side was full of metal again.

Just curious why did it not squeak before I did the initial service and then it started squeaking immediately following.

FYI: the service I did was both case drains, hydro filter, fuel filter, oil change, air filters, changed the oil In the front of the drive motors,and pumped out the hydro fluid from the tank under the cab and refilled with the hydro fluid from bobcat.

Also note that the case drain on the left side which is the one that is harder to get to had never been previously changed and the oil in the drive motors had never been changed!

no contamination got past the case drains that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Rhino101

Today I took off all my lines going to the drive motors and cleaned them real good and then put them back on, I took my recently changed hydraulic filter off and it did have some of the brass colored metal in it. I am going to put a new one on in the morning. I know for sure that the brass shavings were coming from the brass brake bushing that I showed in the pics so that was A big relief! I plan on putting all new fluid and my drive motors on tomorrow, please let me know if anyone has anything else I should do before doing so and running my machine.