• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat T190 issues

Jon_one

Help ! I am having some problems with a bobcat t190 . I am getting codes 16-07 and 17-07.. The machine would work sometimes in foot control mode . Other times nothing . If it rests over night it would work . If the battery is disconnected for a while it would also work . I checked the solenoid on the valve bank . The black one facing the left of the machine and it was getting about 4.8v . And I was getting continuity from that solenoid also . I checked what looked like the traction solenoid / actuator and I got about the same voltage and also continuity from that solenoid also .. Please help the machine isn't moving atoll

Jon_one

Ok so I have a little update . Everytime I get the error I am getting 12.66V flowing through the machines ground. The panel also gives me the code saying tilt handle/pedal short to ground .. Help ! Is this a harness issue ? The short is intermittent . And only when the voltage is flowing through the ground I get 16-07 and 17-07

Ron Burgundy

Banned
I can't help you with your codes but I've got a question about Bobcats. I was looking into them and noticed all the older ones have the lever controls instead of joysticks. That is a big turn off for me. Maybe it's just my bias because I'm used to joysticks. So what do you think about your lever controls? Seems old world dork to me. Curious.

Ron Burgundy

Banned
Hey look. I'm on probation. Hah, hah. Who puts Ron Burgundy on probation?
Brother, I have to wait 120 seconds between posts (palm on forehead). This is going to be a fun forum (roll eyes).

Ron Burgundy

Banned
Aha. So the levers control the tracks - push or pull each as desired. And there's a joystick or pedal to control the loader? Sorry, new to Bobcats - I never see a joystick in older Bobcat photos - always wondered what the pedals were for. Are you saying there's a joystick or pedal AND levers? I think Bobcat has switched over to all joystick controls on the new machines. Is that correct?

Please excuse my stupid questions. I'm on a fact finding mission before purchasing a CTL.