• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T190 belt squealing and making a ticking noise?

jca57jd

Hey Guys,

I have a 06 bobcat t190 with 567 hours on it and I was wondering if any of you could lead me in the right direction on some problems that are starting to arise. I seem to be noticing a ticking noise that I never noticed before. This ticking noise only occurs during rpm changes, not when at a constant idle. It almost seems to sound like it is coming from the fan area when I am in the machine but im not 100% sure. The second problem that I am starting to have is a belt squealing somewhere, when I put the machine under a load (pushing through a tandem load of dirt)? The weird part is that it’s starting to squeal easier (it squealed when I was back dragging today). I also am starting to smell a little bit of burnt rubber. I have always had a little bit of squealing if I put it under a big load suddenly (running into a tandem load of dirt suddenly), but when I go to push more dirt than the bucket holds, I always put the machine into lower gear (hit the turtle button) and ease into the pile. I checked the drive belt and I can fill a little play but not allot. Im not exactly sure on how to tighten the drive belt? What other belts does this machine have on it that could be slipping? Thanks ahead of time to anybody that can help me!

Many Thanks,
John

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
There should be a decal inside rear door that shows you what to look for on drive bent tensioner jca57jd. There should be a "pointer" on tensioner, hard to describe on forum, and not something easy to see unless you know what you're looking for, but that pointer should be between the 3 o'clock and 2 o'clock position. If it's in the 1 o'clock to straight up 12 o'clock position, drive belt is too loose. I've also seen the guts of that pointer plate wear our, pointer is all over the place, and makes a rattling sound. I can't say that's the ticking noise you're hearing, but does sound like your drive belt is either too loose or needs replacement.

jca57jd

Thanks Willie69! I will look at that when I'm back at my shop!