• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat t180 high flow problems

Withak

Hello guys, working for someone who has a mid 2001 T180 high flow, have a bush hog masticator on it. I am just being paid to mow for them, problem is its bogging down pretty bad after it warms up. Works great for about 30 minutes, but then starts bogging down really bad with anything. Just driving it will bog it. After reading this thread I checked the belts, they where bad so replaced them, and machine ran like a monster for 30 minutes...then started bogging again. Don't know what else to do.

My dad has a takeuchi that had the same kind of problem, and he changed the inline hydraulic filter and it seemed to fix the problem for him. Dont know if i should try that.
Also before I worked for them someone else left the gas cap off and they got water in it. Bobcat came out replaced the filters and fixed everything. That was in 08. Tractor only has 20 hours on it since. Should I clean the fuel system out again?
Any help thanks.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Are you saying that the machine has had the same fuel and fuel filters on it for the last 6 years?

Withak

hardline, the last time the filters where changed was November 2008, but it has only had 20 hours put on it in that time. I put fresh gas in it

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Okay if the machine has been sitting that long it would be A great idea to service the machine out. Change engine oil and filter. Change the fuel filter. Bled out the fuel system and then get machine running again. Also check the drive belt tension. The drive belt is under the plastic cover by the battery. The instructions are on the back door on how to check the tension. Let me know how this goes. JJ.

Withak

Okay if the machine has been sitting that long it would be A great idea to service the machine out. Change engine oil and filter. Change the fuel filter. Bled out the fuel system and then get machine running again. Also check the drive belt tension. The drive belt is under the plastic cover by the battery. The instructions are on the back door on how to check the tension. Let me know how this goes. JJ.

Thanks hartline, I can try that. It seems the problem is more in the hydrolic delivery system though...

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
When you said replaced the belts was one of them the hydraulic belt? Is it still tensioned properly?

crewchief888

change the fuel filter...
check to make sure the fuel cap is vented
when the engine starts to bog down, check the fuel primer bulb to see if it's collasped

:drinkup