• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T-190 parking brake lock up

Dan Shaddick

2001 T-190 The parking brake locks up randomly. Will drive from 3 secs to 5 mins then locks up. Traction light is off when applied then turns on and releases for a while. Could this be engine speed sensor related?

Dan Shaddick

What else sends a signal to tell the brake to lock up? Is there any way to over ride the parking brake so I can move the skidder to a better location to work on. Thanks.

crewchief888

if the controller doesnt see an engine speed signal, the brake will not unlock, also if the signal is intermittent the brake will unlock/lock.
1st thing i would try is remove, clean and reinstall the speed sensor.
sometimes they just get dirty, or it could be damaged.
when you reinstall the sensor, back the jam nut off, screw the sensor in by hand until it contacts the flywheel, then back it off 1/8 or 1/4 turn and snug the jam nut back down.

disconnecting hoses from the brake valve and plumbing in a porta-power to both of them is the only way i know to release the brakes. it's still not gonna roll easily.
i have a quick check to "isolate" the speed sensor, but it involves a $1000 bobcat remote start box, and bobcat service analyzer

:eek: