• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat SJC Warranty!!

firetrack

I have a Bobcat 185K(2006 model) with SCJ controls. Bobcat advertise that the SCJ is their thing but In Qld(Aust) Bobcat will not warrant their own control system. Mine failed in the tilt control and Bobcat came and replaced it for $1100.00. This lasted about 3hrs and failed again. Bobcat came and replaced this one FOC. The technican mumbled that this was a common occurance with SCJ. Anyone else having or had problems with SCJ on Bobcat. Mine has also had a leak between pump drive and charge pump on it. Bobcat have replaced the seal twice but it still doesn't fix the problem. My unit has less than 800hr on it. I would not ever purchase another Bobcat product again. I have tilting hitch, 4 in1 bucket, chain trencher, post hole borer, pallet forks and it is fitted with pressurised A/C cab.
regards
Firetrack

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a Bobcat 185K(2006 model) with SCJ controls. Bobcat advertise that the SCJ is their thing but In Qld(Aust) Bobcat will not warrant their own control system. Mine failed in the tilt control and Bobcat came and replaced it for $1100.00. This lasted about 3hrs and failed again. Bobcat came and replaced this one FOC. The technican mumbled that this was a common occurance with SCJ. Anyone else having or had problems with SCJ on Bobcat. Mine has also had a leak between pump drive and charge pump on it. Bobcat have replaced the seal twice but it still doesn't fix the problem. My unit has less than 800hr on it. I would not ever purchase another Bobcat product again. I have tilting hitch, 4 in1 bucket, chain trencher, post hole borer, pallet forks and it is fitted with pressurised A/C cab.
regards
Firetrack

Unless you bought your machine with an extended warranty, your outside of the one year OEM warranty. BC's electronic control system has been a repair issue since inception. There are a couple guys on here that are savvy on fixing BC, maybe they can help you out, and save you some money when it goes out again (which it will). Remember that some times the advertising hype can be much stronger than the machine. Good luck.

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
Man that sucks, and I feel for you, and you're certainly not alone.

If you can post your error codes, do so. Press an hold the light switch button, and they will display in the hour window. If there are more than one, it will scroll through them all.

It would also help to know what your previous codes were to compare. Your dealer can print them off for you, but they need to hook up to your machine.

I'm sorry you're soured on Bobcat. Excluding SJC and T180/190, I think they're still a good machine. The young corporate turks need to stop this nonsense with the.

Or, since it's winter here, and summer there, get all your Bobcat buddies together and fly me out there and we'll have a Bobcat fix-fest:D

What was it they replaced?

firetrack

Bobcat SCJ controls

Machine was still in warranty time as it had 2 year cover as long as Bobcat did all the scheduled services which I had them do. I have the code schedule but can't remember what is was as I'm not the operator(only the owner and funds supplier). They replaced the bucket crowd spool valve(twice). The seal on the charge pump was replaced(under warranty) AFTER the SCJ fault. I contacted the Bobcat area service supervisor and was informed they don't warranty the electronic controls.
I don't have any other probelms with Bobcat but if they won't stand by their product then they've lost me. Go Japanese and you won't get these faults in the first place.(hopefully)
I have Mitsubishi BD2H, Cat D4H, Yanmar Vio27-5, Mitsubishi Fk6 - all made in Japan and no problem. Bobcat S185K not made in Japan and not happy!!
Regards
Firetrack

therealjohnboy

I swapped to New Holland as a result of disappointment with my T190 then the SA dealers Response or lack of when it died i'd hit up consumer affairs on the warrantee issue thats BS about no warrantee on electricals the machine doesnt run without them

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
i agree fully on the waranty crap of not being covered bumper to bumper means every thing to me from the lights in the displays to the pin in a plug it should all be covered when its under warranty they wont even cover cleaning solutions like brake clean or either umm either smells good. i don;t think they cover hyd oil either not possitive but if you have a leak caused by a bad hose or seal it should be covered yeah the early g series sjc on any size machine are junk the k series and newer are alot better less problems granted im not sticking up for bobcat i will be the first to tell a customer to their face that their machine or options on the machine are junk because of design flaws i have gotten in trouble many a time for telling about the drive motors or sjc problems or something else thats common to go out and the dealership i work at doesn't want their customers scared off because of it well fix the problem diffrent drive motor from a diffrent vendor redesign it make it better dont just tell people o it doesn;t happen that much anymore it still happens its just russian rullet with machines on if you get a good one or not there for a while they had all sorts of problems from the factory gear pumps loose power bobtach valves loose fan drive hoses rubbing the list goes on and on drive motors especially they say they have them fixed but i have still seen new k series ones go out so you may get a good one or bad sales man sells the first one service sells the following ones

lewi1969

I feel your pain. I have 1 dead and 1 crippled Bobcat at the moment. I have a couple of Takeuchi's which have proven to be very dependable machines.

special tool

I feel your pain. I have 1 dead and 1 crippled Bobcat at the moment. I have a couple of Takeuchi's which have proven to be very dependable machines.

Really?
What's wrong with them?
Seriously I have never had a non-maintenance related problem with any Bobcat product - but then I always had Kubota engines.....

xrlentau6

Occupation
Desk bound and needing to get outside
Hi all, have had my first real problem with the SJC. I have a new S205, less than 150 hours on it and the tilt gave up, been out of service for a week now. Lucky they gave me a loan machine and that things are quiet here.

Loan machine does not have a door so back to eating dust.

Seems the control valves are shot (hoping it will be fixed now and for good)

firetrack

Don't bet on it!!

Mate,
I hope your right but feel your not in this instance. We had the same trouble and they replaced the tilt control valve which failed within 10hrs. They replaced this one and it has now done approx 50hrs and is starting to play up. The first valve I had to pay for - approx $1100 incl labour and travel(machine was still in warrenty time). The second they paid for. We are now having trouble with the 4in1 control. If the bucket is fully tilted back the 4in1 won't work. We have to tilt the bucket forward a little bit and it works again. Bobcat have a long way to go with their SCJ system. We have a Yanmar excavator with Rexroth controls and have never had any trouble - but then again this is screwed together in Japan - say no more. My next machine will definately not be a Bobcat, I'm more inclined to go Tacheuchi.
good luck
Firetrack

xrlentau6

Occupation
Desk bound and needing to get outside
Hey ther firetrack, just a quick update.

Have been and picked my machine up fromt he dealer, new control valve unit in it, all covered under warranty as it should have been at only 135 hours and about 3 months.
So all is good hear, sorry about your bad luck .

dave esterns

ic sjc is becoming more popular on more bobcats these days. i assume they got the bugs out of them by now. did they make many changes to the sjc when they went to the m series, besides them moving with the seat? does anyone know when they are releasing s175 185 205 replacement m series? i assume bobcat uses the same supplier as cat and nh with their joysticks? i heard anything newer than 2008 with sjc should be ok... anyone with problems on the newer ones?

gatoulis

Occupation
mechanic
bobcat

for bobcatmechanic how can i come to contact to you.iam also servicing bobcats 20 years know.need help