• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat s150 kubota. Idling high.

Txhayseed

Hello guys. Got a bobcat s150 with the Kubota with the v2403. I just rebuilt the motor and got in reinstalled. Had to have in bored over size due to cylinder wall damage. Im idling high. Around 1500 rpms. Touching the set screw. Does anyone have a service manual or know how to adjust the idle speed ? I reused the same shim thickness that i removed on tear down to reinstall the injection pump. Info on the tier 4 v2403 is hard to find. Any info or experience is appreciated

Txhayseed

I can yes. Im assuming that since i had it completely tore down i could have introduced minor changes in the timing and alignment of the timing marks on the gear train. The only manual i can find is for a non bobcat applications. The timing window for the bobcat is different since bobcat utilizes there own bell housing and flywheel ?? I can defiantly cut the factory wire out and change the screw but im kinda perplexed on what i could have changed to account for the rpm increase at idle. My max rpm with the throttle wide open is almost spot on with engine removal. So if someone can correct me if im wrong changing the pump timing would only affect my full throttle rpm and not my idle speed ??

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
What parts were changed & why.??
I wouldn’t worry 1 bit about it as long as u don’t have to back the screw out to the last thread, if u know what I mean..
A 1/2 to 1 turn is expected after an engine “re-fresh”..
Don’t get to hung up on the timing if u checked it already..
Did u move the max fueling screw.?
Does this engine have an electric shut off solenoid screwed into the side of the pump mount.? If yes, unscrew it a few turns to see if that’s interfering..
But like I said, it’s expected..
If u changed a major component, a head, block, cam... then u would have to reset the timing.. If u had the gears out of place, it would be extremely hard to start & run like crap.. if it started at all.