• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat oil

kellybro

Hello my first post to the forum. Been in the business for 30 years and still learning. What's the deal with bobcat oils. specifically gear lube and/or axle lube? Cannot find any specs on them. How are their components any different from other mfgs with wet brakes and piston pumps. Located in south florida and we use aw 68 in all our hydraulics systems.
Thanks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums kellybro!:drink up

What type of Bobcat machine? I noticed you posted this in the telehandler forum, is it a Bobcat telehandler, skid steer or mini ex?

Last edited:

ba12348

It's a v723 model
(which is a telehandler)

My experience with Bobcat has been that, despite all the hoopla about easy service, they REALLY want you to bring it back to them for service, and the harder they can make it for you to do more than daily maintenance, the better. A quick poke about their website shows that they would be happy to sell you Bobcat branded grease, oil, antifreeze, keychains and ballcaps. Alright I made those last two up but you get the point. I highly suspect it is exactly the same oil you could get at any other supplier.

Philosaw

There's a thread from a couple weeks ago on this under the skidsteer forum, where they give the iso number for a oem replacement.