• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat MT 55 injection pump Timing help

bwbigred

i had to get a new pump for my mt55 which has a d902 i believe kubota 3 cyl diesel before i install it i was told the motor needs to be timed, does anyone have an idea on how to do this please !

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
No need to time it. its a "drop in" unit.. Just MAKE SURE you engage the pump rack with the engine control rack and bolt down..
Sure wish you had contacted me first before buying a new unit.. probably could have walked you thru it or saved you a few hundred..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Forgot to mention the timing shims.. if they are stuck to the bottom of your old unit.. they need to be moved to the new unit.. they may be stuck to the block..

bwbigred

ok so i ended up getting a free pump put it on machine runs great and every couple minutes it just dies down and rpm drops and shuts off, when i re start it it stumbles alot for a few seconds picks up and is good for a little while longer any ideas??? please getting frustrated with this machine

bwbigred

Just put on New filter, and besides that it is the injection pump I did I'm lost how much you charge to rebuild the pumps