• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat hauling

Bvill01

I have seen a lot of skid steers hualed around on gooses neck trailers and loaded and the bucket is loaded facing the front of the goose neck witch is the best way to load a bobcat ? I load rear first bucket to the back

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I load, backing up, its easier backing up the ramps, plus I dont like backing down the ramps. I usually spin around on the top of the trailer, if I need the bucket to point forward, just do it careful. When I had the tilt top, I drove it on and when I unloaded, I turned it around and drove it off. If I have attachments, I load them on the front of the trailer, before I load the Bobcat on the trailer
Good Luck

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I load my skids with bucket facing forward but that's just my personal preference.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I also load bucket forward ..... it pi**'s me off when the odd time I have to load backing up the ramps ...... backing down is a piece of cake you always see the straight line of the trailer ahead of you and are able to see the centre and how far forward for balance of the load when loading ....jmho

DGODGR

I load back end forward. I does not bother me to back up, or down, the ramps. I face the machine to the rear because it saves wear and tear to the door glass.

rush

Occupation
builder
this is how we load our bobcat sometimes.....

Attachments

• bobcat_airborne_resized.JPG
    bobcat_airborne_resized.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 1,281

DGODGR

If u load forward u don't need to tape your muffler (tail pipe) ?

I don't tape my muffler. IMO that's more of an "old wives tail" than a real concern. The only way for air to pass through the turbo is if it has somewhere to go. Unless you have MUCH bigger problems, than worrying about the turbo spinning without pressurized oil on the bearings, the air can not pass through the turbo, and/or engine. Come to think of it, the only machine I have, that I load with the tail pipe to the rear, is my loader. All others are loaded with the pipe facing forward. I have experienced no issues as a result. My oldest machine has been around since 1997. It has over 12,000 hours on it and has always been loaded with the exhuast pipe facing forward. It has even made several trips between CA & CO (over 800 miles each way) without any problems.

icestationzebra

I don't tape my muffler. IMO that's more of an "old wives tail" than a real concern. The only way for air to pass through the turbo is if it has somewhere to go. Unless you have MUCH bigger problems, than worrying about the turbo spinning without pressurized oil on the bearings, the air can not pass through the turbo, and/or engine.

The air does have somewhere to go if one of the cylinders is stopped at the overlap point with both valves open. The compression ratio and friction of a particular engine come into play. Also the more cylinders you have the better that chance will be. When I worked for CaseIH I heard that it occasionally happened to the Magnum tractors.

ISZ