• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BOBCAT Bucket Positioning Valve

DVHammer

Checked the manual and it does not specify other than it needs to be bobcat oil. However if not available to fill it up with motor oil (think it called for SAE30) NOT doing that but found it rather odd they would give an option other than hydraulic fluid.

I wonder how important it really is when you consider attachments and that we are probably not alone in doing this.
We buy a used attachment, rent one, or lend one out to someone not knowing what oil was in what or in who's machine????

The oil in everyones equipment at that point is a complete fish bowl of oils but seems to keep on running.

05sprcrw

I think the biggest thing with the hydro oil is to make sure it is rated for hydrostat motors / transmissions so you do trash your drive motors. The older machines did use oil from what I've read but the newer stuff you want something that has the additives package for the hydrostat motors.

crewchief888

Bobcat no longer approves any engine oil in the hyd systems.
Oil formulas have drastically changed over the years.
Hyd oils should be rated for use in hydrostatic drives.

:eek: