• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat ACS Hydraulic lock up

Roscoe294

2002 Bobcat S250
3400 HRS
Hello,
Occasionally (once every couple hours) when operating, machine will beep, ACS light illuminates and hydraulics lock. Turn machine off and restart, problem gone........until recently. Same thing happens and after restarting, tilt will not function right away. Eventually it comes back and it seems restarting the machine again after the initial restart doesn't play a factor. I checked for error code(s) and it displayed "NONE". When I checked for code(s) it was quite awhile after the fact. Do the code(s) need to be checked right away? Any ideas on this? Oh yeah, I have the machine in foot pedal mode. Thank you.

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
In a case like this I say first check the plug on the wiring harness. Unplug and then plug it back in and see if it doesn't go away.

Kawgomoo

I also agree you need to check your wiring harness electrical connectors. As many codes come back to wiring faults as they do to hard part failure. Dirty connections. Pinched or abraded wires. Etc.

Roscoe294

I pulled the actuator and found some oil in and around the spacer and where the actuator pins to the spool. The oil wasn't leaking out but still present. I'm not sure if this area should be free of oil or have some residue? I was going to pull the cap to check for oil in the gears but after watching the video I don't have the tools to recalibrate.