• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 873 G fuel solenoid

jorswift

So when I got the machine, the solenoid plug was burned up. I ordered a new plug and adapter to solenoid. The plug is a 3 prong, with 2 wires. Does anyone know the correct wiring orientation? I see there are some small numbers on the plug. My old one was so bad it wasnt even attached. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jorswift

Here is the plug that I need to wire up. I only have 2 wires and 3 spots. The log ten goes to the adapter to solenoid. Solenoid is a 2 pin plug style.
IMG_9031.pngIMG_9032.png

jorswift

1 pin should be ground. The other should be hot from ignition
So I cannot get power to the original solenoid wires. I checked the fuse, relay ect. and nothing. So decided to go from the hot wire from the alternator when key is on. However, I get power to the solenoid, but they do not open up when key is in the on position. I tried it with 2 different solenoids. Would both leads be hot? 1 to open and 1 to hold?