• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 773F fan belt tensioner

ac45

My belt will slip under high speed, checked tensioner, and it doesn’t have much resistance I can push the pulley in and out. Is it maybe a broken spring? How do I remove, is it the ¼ inch allen bolt that appears to go through it. It is very tight, didn’t want o break it, Any experience on this?

frogfarmer

Condition of the belt can cause your problem. As the belt wears it gets more narrow and rides deeper in the pulleys allowing the tensioner to loosen up. If you know the belt is good and the right part number you may have other problems.

ac45

The tensioner doesn't hold constant tension, wherever I push it to it stops, gotta be a tensioner issue

gatoulis

Occupation
mechanic
untigth the 1/4 allenscrew with dont be afaid it want break try it with an allen socket if you can.sometimes the spring doesnt have any problem it just neads a good cleaning and some grease