• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 773 Boom Bucket won't Move

Andy Martin

Been using the Bobcat 773 on a rotary mower, so the auxiliary hydraulics have been on full time mowing.

Now without the mower, with just a bucket, the boom will only go up and the bucket will only go down unless the auxiliary hydraulics light is on and the thumb switch is pushed "in". Without the light on the engine is laboring.

I'm assuming it had a stuck solenoid valve but I don't know which one. Is that the problem or is there another problem? All the lights are on on the BCIS, and it has a "seat" light.

crewchief888

Yea, you have an aux stem stuck open, dead heading pressure in the aux circuit. LIFT the cab, key on, eng off, aux activated.
Remove the coils from the stem, and toggle the thumb paddle. You'll find out what coil is energized

:eek:

Andy Martin

Yea, you have an aux stem stuck open, dead heading pressure in the aux circuit. LIFT the cab, key on, eng off, aux activated.
Remove the coils from the stem, and toggle the thumb paddle. You'll find out what coil is energized

OK, thanks. Logical approach. Not sure I understand aux activated, I assume you can't activate it unless the lap bar is down. If so I guess I can manually hold the safety down.

BC873G

When I have to do it, I drop the lap bar down and then raise the cab. I then use something long enough to reach the buttons I have to push (power on, PTO, Aux Hyd, etc.) while the cab is up.

crewchief888

you shouldnt need the seat bar down for the aux to work.
raise the boom and install the boom stop, and shut the engine off
then
key on
turn on the aux button
raise the cab
remove the nuts holding both aux coils from the stems
toggle the paddle switch while you try to remove the coils
you'll figure out what coil energizes from left and right paddle positions.