• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 - shuddering forward on right side

Have a Bobcat 753 with around 3000 hours. Both drive motors were just rebuilt about 25 hours ago by a hydraulic shop in the area. After running it for a bit the other day I noticed that the right side shutters/struggles and is sloppy going forward - reverse is fine. Today I swapped the right side lines off the pump trying to isolate the issue. Now forward is great and reverse is the issue. Can someone help me pinpoint what to look at/replace?

after reading more online it could be the relief/check valve? Has anyone had this happen before and after replacing the ones on the top and bottom after pulling the motor/pump unit had success? Is it the same PN for both left and right?

pumpdiagram.jpg

Vetech63

You need to troubleshoot the problem before you start throwing parts at it. Check the charge pressure (your Bobcat dealer can get you the HOW TO and the pressure specs) Check the charge pressure when you stroke the right side forward, then reverse and compare the readings. If one direction is reading lower than the other, you can remove the lines (the ones you swapped) and cap them at the pump. Do your test again and compare the readings. If they are the same, you have a problem in the drive motor. If one is lower in one direction versus the other when the lines are capped, the problem is in the linkage or the right drive pump. This will at least narrow it down to one or the other.