• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 no fuel to manual primer pump

tylercooney

I think I ran the Bobcat out of diesel, but I'm not convinced since the tank still said 1/4 tank. Anyway, I filled the tank back up, unscrewed the fuel/water separator and filled it with diesel and re-attached it. Pumped the manual pump primer a couple hundred times, started it, pumped some more, restarted, pumped some more, restarted and it finally ran on its own without pumping...for about 3-4 minutes. I drove it those 3-4 minutes did some dirt moving and then stopped to answer my phone, but left it running, in about 30 seconds of stopping it sputtered and died again. I've tried using the same procedure mentioned above to get it to start again but it's not working. I took the hose off the intake side of the bulb and held my finger there to make sure there was suction and there was suction at the bulb and it stayed compressed when I squeezed it. I reattached that hose and detached the other side to see if it would squirt any fuel when squeezed and it did not. Someone mentioned to me that the hose may be disconnected at the tank, does this sound feasible? If so, how do I check? Just yank on it? and of so it is disconnected, how do I get to the tank to reattach?

Thanks for your help,

Tyler

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you can blow back through the fuel line between fuel tank and primer bulb, doesn't mean line is clear, means you have a problem, Bobcats use a check valve at the end of the fuel pickup line in tank to prevent fuel backflow. If it's intact, you can't blow back through line. If you pump the primer bulb and it sucks flat, you have a fuel line restriction. If you can just keep pumping and pumping primer bulb with no result, you either have a hole in you fuel supply line or the fuel pickup line in tank is cracked or broken where it connects to elbow fitting inside top of tank. Simple to repair fuel pickup line on the 753 because fuel tank is behind the operators seat instead of under engine. Raise the cab, you'll notice two elbow fittings in rubber grommets in top of tank. Locate the line that goes to the shut off valve on right side of machine, that's the pickup/supply line. Check that line from tank to primer bulb for scuffs or a hole in the line. If it's good, pull the elbow out of the grommet in tank. That elbow should have a vinyl line attached to it with a check valve and screen at the end. If line is cracked, broken, or gone, go to Bobcat for replacement parts. ;)

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
also never blow back through the fuel line going to the fuel tank because of the check ball in the screen on the end of the line. you will blow the pickup tube line off every time that way and then have the head ache of buying a new one and putting it on and in. but i agree with atco pick up tube is broken or rotted off.