• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 F series. All lites blinking on controller?

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Hey guys, helping out a friend, been haveing trouble off an on with his bobcat, his 753 F series operates decent for its age, but have noticed that if left idled up an flip the lap bar up then flip it back down the brakes want unlock, an when I look down an the interlock controller under my elbow I notice that all the green lites are ALL blinking at the same time, it’s like something is going on kinda like on a 763 G series like when a charge press sensor or engine speed sensor acts up. Well I’m not familiar with trying to read these older machines blink codes, seems like if you idle it back down the it’s idled up an flip the lap bar up an it acts up, I can idle it down to an idle an the lites will stop blinking an it’ll unlock an I can idle it up an go back to work. Been looking around online to see how to read blink codes. Have pulled brake coil off an checked an did find few loose fuses in fuse panels to the right of the motor, thx for any advise an imputIMG_1011.jpeg

crewchief888

almost sounds like an alt issue. BICS controller has an operating voltage of 9v-15v. over or under charging will cause the BICS to not operate

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Yes makes sense. I’ve heard of the chargeing issues off G series give fits with electrical parts of the machine. Thx for ur time and advice

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Tested the alternator today an it was putting out 18.5, idled it down an it like you said worked fine as long as I kept the voltage around 15 a lower areas. It looked like the controller was blinking a code , noticed it would flash differ patterns. Can ya give me some info on how to read the controller flash patterns to read differ codes? Thx again for ur time an help

crewchief888

Tested the alternator today an it was putting out 18.5, idled it down an it like you said worked fine as long as I kept the voltage around 15 a lower areas. It looked like the controller was blinking a code , noticed it would flash differ patterns. Can ya give me some info on how to read the controller flash patterns to read differ codes? Thx again for ur time an help
i believe they are listed in the operators manual, codes are definitely listed in the service manual