1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat 743???

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by roadbuilder6, Apr 5, 2013.

1. roadbuilder6

roadbuilder6 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I am at buying a bobcat 743 skid steer. My question is if its possible to change the hand foot controls over to to the joy stick control pattern ( left joystick: forward/ back left/right, right joystick boom up/boom down bucket dump/ bucket curl) thanks guys, any help is appreciated, thanks, john

2. Bobcatdan

Bobcatdan Well-Known Member

No. Closes you can get is an h pattern hand control kit that will make it like a case. My two cents, 743 are tough old goats, but they are very outdated and most are beat beon financially past fixing. To get iso style joysticks you have buy a much newer machine of any make.

3. roadbuilder6

Thanks, the one i found is in great shape, it was owned by a homeowner that just used it for plowing, i love my 262 cat but i want something smaller but for not too much. I wanted to know why its not possible to put in the joysticks? Thanks, john

4. Bobcatdan

Bobcat joysticks are electric over hydraulic with an solenoid control hydro stats. Your cat is pilot control where you use low pressure oil to control high pressure fluid. Either way the hydraulic system would have to be completely replaced to get iso patteren.

5. roadbuilder6

would it be possible to put joystick controls on a 1999-2003 bobcat 753?

6. Bobcatdan

Look for s130 with sjc. For the cost of converting an old one, you could buy one. From what I have seen sjc doesn't really add to a machine resale.

7. Mikefromcny

Mikefromcny Well-Known Member

Mechanic
    Keep your eyes peeled, the perfect machine comes along when you least expect it or need it. Last fall an S130 was posted on craigslist, $6500 ready to go. Looked like it was a farm machine but was washed regularly. I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

8. IronworkerFXR

IronworkerFXR Well-Known Member

equipment repair
    Those foot controls KILL me. don't waste your time and money trying to make that work, adapt yourself or get another machine.

9. roadbuilder6

Haha same, my only issue is i want a cheap machine to get into peoples backyards and small spaces. My 262 doesn't do that very well haha. I have a idea for what im gonna do, but im not sure it will work.