• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 553 pump problem

Eddy-man

Good morning. My 553 has 4700 hours. moving last snow, the right drive stopped working. previously, my bucket operation was slow and I was getting low pressure dummy light. a heavy equipment tech friend advised it is sounding like the forward pump is not turning. i plan to pull it loose today and check the drive. anybody know where a pump could be found? I have checked with Google. Not finding. maybe a scrap unit that has the pump? Thanks in advance for the help.

Vetech63

You will need to do some basic troubleshooting before you condemn the pump as the problem. Operate all functions and notice which ones are slow or dont work. When you say the right track drive isnt working, do you mean it does nothing at all? .......No engine load, no pump load.....or hose flexing? The reason I ask is I run into alot of track drive failures on the Bobcats.......its pretty common. If you have no movement, pull the final drive drain plug and see if there is any metal on it or in the oil.

Eddy-man

nothing on the right side at all. No hose movement. This is a wheeled machine. Already opened the chain case and it is all in tact. going to pull the pump and front half and look. More interested in trying to find a replacement whether I need it or not.

lantraxco

The pumps turn in a line, two drive pumps and the loader function gear pump, so if it lifts and dumps, and one side of the drive is working, all three pumps are turning. Most likely you lost a drive motor, or something mechanical in the drive, or one pump is gone duff.