• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 442 parts info

carlhwv

Occupation
Builder to the core
went to the auction last weekend and came home with a new for me Bobcat 442. I’ve done some research and know it’s history. Other than the usual wear items on a 15 year old machine, it’s in good shape with 3900 on th clock. I looked through the forum before this post and get as much background info as I could find.

I’ve got a pins bushing that will be replaced..pivot piston..and probably boom pivot top and bottom...temp gauge works for a few minutes before pegging along with the force gauge...air con works and keeps up until the sun was high in the sky and I was running for a few hours, but I’ll probably recharge it....tracks are wearing and it wouldn’t surprise me if the sandstone boulder field win this battle....and the rubber buttons on the joysticks are on the must do list.

All i. All I’m happy. I’m going to change out all the fluids. I figured part would be on the steep side, it I wasn’t expecting a $400 bill for a filter kit. I know this is a Terex machine but I don’t know what, if any, my options are for parts. Im thinking I may have the only 442 being serviced out of the Winchester VA Bobcat dealer...when I ordered the filters they commented they never have seen these part numbers...:). They can recommend looks to see if I could find the filters through a different channel.

Are there any other 442owners here than have faced the filter challenge and won? What about other parts...the rubber button set is over 100bucks...ouch...

This and any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. With some help and care and feeding, hope to get my 3900 hours out of it.

Thanks. Carl

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
To my knowledge Bobcat has never been connected to Terex brands, they were once owned by Ingersoll Rand and I'm near certain the Bobcat 442 is pretty much the same machine as the I-R ZX75 excavator. Bobcat and I-R are now owned by Doosan. I don't think Terex has ever been part of the Bobcat family. And seems I recall the 442 and ZX75 was built using a lot of European components, that's the reason parts are spendy for them. I don't know of any other source for parts for these machines aside from Bobcat. Doesn't mean a resourceful person can't find them elsewhere, just saying I'm not aware of another supplier.

carlhwv

Occupation
Builder to the core
Check out a 442 and compare it to the HR32. Pretty sure it’s the same machine...if not, then one is a darn good knock off of the other...:)....and the IR75 and later TC75 look like the same thing as well. I think they were all made my a EU manufacture, for a while anyway. From what I gathered at the time mine was made, 2003, it was the same machine as the HR32 and was being made for Bobcat to fit a place in their lineup that was void of something in this class machine. In the book, there are differences in the 442 based on SN/model year which might indicate there was some kind of manufacturing change in the Bobcat 442 model run.

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's my experience with the 442 and I-R ZX75, EU build machines under the I-R brand.

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I just wanted to see if you found a good source or cross reference for parts for your 442. I just bought one as well, and I am running into similar problems finding parts.