• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 337 blade and house inop ????

navasotaman

I have a 1996 bobcat 337. gets the job done! here lately I developed a problem with the house not wanting to move and the blade wont go up or down. Started after it leaked all the fluid out from a blown hose. Fixed hose and filled with fluid. Still nothing. Anybody else had that problem?

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
I am not sure but it sounds like you have an air pocket in the hydraulis system. I used to get these on snowplows & the only way I got them out was to keep bleeding the system.

navasotaman

Tried bleeding but there are so many lines on this machine I am not sure I am bleeding the right ones! Its driving me nuts. Anyone have a service manual for these?

93turbo

if it just started after the hose then it may just be air did you bleed the pump itself before starting it has an air bleeder just like disc brake cars. I had this problem on a 334 and it was the gear pump was shot

navasotaman

Where is that bleeder located? I have tried just loosening the hoses I took off and bled it that way. I was told that the gear pump should be ok since the other functions are working.

93turbo

well you have to keep in mind all my info is based on a 334 and I'm not sure how much the 2 have in common. Anyhow the bleeder looks just like one on disc brakes mounted on the pump. My 334 has 2 pumps a variable piston pump and a gear pump the gear pump is what runs the swing and the blade while the piston pump runs everything else. Mine would dig good but turn slowly or not at all if up hill so we put a flow meter on the gear pump and when we tried to put a load on it the flow dropped to nothing so we took it off and tore it apart and it was toast