• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 331 keyless start

barklee

Hi guys
We have a 2002 bobcat 331 that I've had for many trouble free years. I had it in the shop for a few days to repack a cylinder. During that time the battery went dead so I had to jump it. I don't know if I fried something but now the keyless start only works about 1 out of 50 times you try it. Everything works on the display, code entry, stop, enter code, etc. Just not the start button. There is no power going to the solenoid when pressing the button and when you jump the starter it will crank but not start. All fuses and relays are good. Took the display out and it looks clean and everything looks to be in order.
How would you proceed?

barklee

Well it ended up being the key pad was bad. I had it repaired for about 1/2 the price of new. Well see how it holds up.