• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 100

Effinay

Occupation
Getting organized with my own small business
There sure are some really nice machines posted here, and I wouldn't mind owning one of 'em for sure. The prices on these have kept me at bay for the most part, until I came across this little gem. Found it on craigslist, met the owner, looked it over, and made an offer that I think I can live with. So I've just acquired my first excavator and I'm pretty excited. It's a moldy oldy, and gonna need some work, but it's got some pretty good features and doesn't look like it was beaten. I looked for welds/repairs and didn't find any. One of the final drives quit working at some point and has been disassembled. Has anybody owned/operated this model?022.JPG017.JPG011.JPG

AirBornOne

Greetings Effinay,
I'm sure some Bobcat operators will chime in within the next few days.Give them some time to get over their team losing & whatnot ;).
Did you get both tracks with that?
Are you setting down? Final drive prices are prolly the single most costly item on a mini-ex (pump & engines too). 2 to 4k new.And usually not available after the machine is out of production.
I can see the sprocket is very well worn.On most any machinery that means the chain (in our case tracks) is worn also.
I'm guessing that's a 90's machine? A real Bobcat pro can tell you who actually made it. From what I've learned here,a lot of these smaller machines are re-branded.That could be good for parts availability or swappability.
Do you know why the drive quit? Gears? Seals? No oil?. Prolly a write off if the gears are gone.BTW, where are the gears?
HE forums member Jillie (IIRC) did some work on an old final drive and got it going so there could be hope.
Looking forward to your progress.
J

Last edited:

Effinay

Occupation
Greetings Effinay,
I'm sure some Bobcat operators will chime in within the next few days.Give them some time to get over their team losing & whatnot ;).
Did you get both tracks with that?
Are you setting down? Final drive prices are prolly the single most costly item on a mini-ex (pump & engines too). 2 to 4k new.And usually not available after the machine is out of production.
I can see the sprocket is very well worn.On most any machinery that means the chain (in our case tracks) is worn also.
I'm guessing that's a 90's machine? A real Bobcat pro can tell you who actually made it. From what I've learned here,a lot of these smaller machines are re-branded.That could be good for parts availability or swappability.
Do you know why the drive quit? Gears? Seals? No oil?. Prolly a write off if the gears are gone.BTW, where are the gears?
HE forums member Jillie (IIRC) did some work on an old final drive and got it going so there could be hope.
Looking forward to your progress.
J

Thanks for the response and info AirBorn. I have both tracks, and unsure the history of why this drive stopped working. The machine is still on the owners property, but I was able to load the partially disassembled drive and as many parts related to it that was lying around. I've disassembled some of the easy/obvoius components for inspection and the initial assessment is not good. I've got a couple leads for people that work for themselves restoring and rebuilding skidsteers and other minis and going to bring my box of busted stuff for a second opinion. There may be a glimmer of hope in the distance. Or it could be that train bearing down on me that's gonna knock me out of my shoes! Thanks for your interest.

Effinay

Occupation
Does it have a hyd thumb?

Yeah it does have the hydraulic thumb that was an option through Bobcat. Unlike some of the other aftermarket weld-on accessories, this a an integral component of the bucket linkage.

bigbob

We used to have a 116, which was a repainted Komatsu PC 40-6. Yours would also be a Komatsu, probably a PC -30 or 35. I would visit your local Komatsu dealer and bring the serial number. Bobcat had a falling out with komatsu when they started building their own excavators. Parts thru bobcat were no longer reasonably priced. Pretty old machine, may have Hy Dash finals in it.
Anderson Equipment is the local dealer located off Exit 1 of Rt 101 , go toward Manchester at the circle, they are on the left. Used to be Hazelton equipment.

Last edited:

Effinay

Occupation
We used to have a 116, which was a repainted Komatsu PC 40-6. Yours would also be a Komatsu, probably a PC -30 or 35. I would visit your local Komatsu dealer and bring the serial number. Bobcat had a falling out with komatsu when they started building their own excavators. Parts thru bobcat were no longer reasonably priced. Pretty old machine, may have Hy Dash finals in it.
Anderson Equipment is the local dealer located off Exit 1 of Rt 101 , go toward Manchester at the circle, they are on the left. Used to be Hazelton equipment.

Hey BigBob,
Thanks for the info, you've just become my savior with this kind of info. I suspected that this machine was/is built by someone else. It's got a Komatsu engine, and it has the HY-DASH final drives.

bigbob

If you find out your final drive is junk, you may find a cheaper price that the dealer through some aftermarket suppliers. just Google the hydash part number to see what you find. Parts may also be hard to come by at Komatsu.

Effinay

Occupation
I've disassembled the drive and cleaned it up to help find some identifying numbers. Aside from some illegible casting marks, the only other numbers I can find are on the backside of the outer most cap. Is there another place I should check? I found a place in Texas that seems to have most of the major parts I'm going to need, but I'm not 100% sure as I don't have any manuals, nor have I been able to come up with any exploded diagrams. Got any suggestions? Thanks Bigbob.

bigbob

I would give the supplier in Texas a call tomorrow and see if they can tell you were to look for numbers. There may be a tag on the hydraulic motor.