• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bob-Tach stuck

Gixxer600

I have only had my T300 for a week and so I am still figuring it out.

Today I realized that my bob-tach is not locking all the way. After further investigation I realized that the left side is stuck. The hydraulic arm moves the "handle" but the "pin" is not moving up and down. I suspect it has not been greased since it was new (about a year). I greased it but it still will not move. Is it ok to spray some blaster in/on it? I assume that would break down the grease though ...

Thoughts?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Common problem on skids. Disconnect the bobtach cylinder from stuck locking pin. Drown with spray lube, working (ever so slightly) locking pin. Eventually, it will break free. Spray lube, work, spray lube, work. When it finally breaks free, grease the %$&* out of it! Re-connect bobtach cylinder. ;)

Gixxer600

Ahh ok ... but why disconnect cylynder? Why not spray it down good and work the fool out of it back and forth?

Yea I guess if I waste like a tube of grease on it it should push all the lube out.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Ahh ok ... but why disconnect cylynder? Why not spray it down good and work the fool out of it back and forth?

Yea I guess if I waste like a tube of grease on it it should push all the lube out.

If it's truly stuck...your going to have to work that handle on the locking pin until it decides to free up. I've done these things too many times. Spray with lube, work the handle, lock pin moves slightly, spray with lube, keep working. Eventually she'll break loose, then you pump the grease to it. ;)

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That is a common problem with skids, if the pins aren't greased regularly. I grease the pins every time I grease the machine. It doesn't take much if it is on the normal schedule. To make it easy, I disconnect the attachment, roll the pin all the way out, 2 pumps of grease and then close the pin, 2 pumps of grease. Then work the bobtach a few times to lube both the whole pin well.

You may want a short section of cheater pipe to help move your frozen lever back and forth.

FL450B

Occupation
jap bike service manager/voke teacher
Somtime on stuck hardware i will heat it up with a propane torch and melt a candle to the stuck part to free it up you must ride a gsxr600
by your handle i service them at a dealer good luck cary

Gixxer600

Yep, I have a GSX-R600! So you work at a Sukuki dealership?

I havent done anything to the stuck pin yet ... I plan to soak it in blaster and go from there. Hopefully that will do the job. If not I will try all the remedies suggested until I find one that works. : )