1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bob Ont

Discussion in 'Gone But Not Forgotten' started by Metalman 55, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Cmark

Cmark Senior Member

Very sad. Condolences to his family.

2. Mike AL

Mike AL Member

Thank you Bob

3. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

heavy equipment technician
    always looked for his posts, great advise and knowledge lost
    RIP
    Mark

4. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

Over an over, Bob pulled THE answer out of nowhere, with no extra verbiage. Later Bob. You're missed.

5. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

I hate to hear this, that man new his stuff!
    Later, Bob.

6. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Thanks to metalman for finding out and letting us know. I have worried before what happened when somebody that is a regular on here just suddenly drops off the radar.

I wonder if we could do something like add phone numbers to the info on us that the moderators hold, so if we disappear, somebody could check on us.

7. JBGASH

JBGASH Senior Member

Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
    RIP Bob. Your wisdom & kindness will be greatly missed.

8. seatwarmer

seatwarmer Well-Known Member

Enterprise Engineer
  9. Cutterjohn

Cutterjohn Active Member

10. 8k bill

8k bill Well-Known Member

Farmer grazier
    Just read the sad news of bob's passing. Bob also helped me with my troubleshooting and was always 100% correct,he will be sorely missed.R.I.P Bob.

11. AusDave

AusDave Senior Member

Self employed
    Very sad to hear of Bob's passing. I always looked out for his posts as they reflected such a depth of knowledge and experience expressed so succinctly.

What I find so impressive about HEF is the calibre of experienced mechanics, managers and operators and their quality posts. But being the son of a mechanic I know that the managers, operators and virtually everyone else rely on a good spanner operator to get the job done to completion. The knowledge volunteered by Bob and his peers on HEF has helped many people worldwide out of a mechanical problem, especially in older machines.

Miss you Bob :angel

12. aongheas.macask

aongheas.macask Well-Known Member

ex service manager
    Condolences to family, RIP Bob

13. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

One thing I believe I seemed to take for granted growing up was the number of qualified mechanics and parts people at our disposal. Only when I got older and some of these guys started quitting or moving on did I realize how valuable they were. Same goes on here. I haven't been on here long enough to truly know Bob, but like everyone says when you saw he posted, you knew it was worth reading. Prayers for the family.

Later Bob.

14. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    Bob was a great asset to the forum, he'll be missed.

RIP Bob.

Ed

15. pajibson

pajibson Senior Member

Rest easy Bob. You will be missed

16. ih100

ih100 Senior Member

As someone said earlier, when Bob posted, you "shut up and listened", and as an early 40-yr track loader operator and some time spanner man, I loved reading his diagnoses of problems with those machines. I somehow thought he was a younger man, shows what you don't know. My condolences to you and your family, Triscuit. May your father rest with his maker.

17. tctractors

tctractors Senior Member

Bob, was Top Draw all the way I loved him, he would often E.Mail me on all sorts of topics and had a very calm tempered and civil way that set him off as a true Gentleman, through his comments and style I often thought he was about 40 years old as he had a fresh mind and a very keen interest in so many things, it would seem he had a very good humour as he would often laugh at some of my posts and comment in a cracking way to me.
    Sadly I have lost a good Pal RIP Bob see you later tctractors ( this news put a tear in my eye )

18. bteigrob

bteigrob Well-Known Member

Sad to see such a valued member and friend go. Will miss you Bob

19. Mplan

Mplan Member

In all the years I've been browsing this forum I've often thought what real gentlemen are here,sad to think that we have one less now.a lifetimes experience and knowledge gone just like that.god bless and look after him and his family

20. Oxbow

Oxbow Senior Member

Hi Trisquit,

I am a relatively new member to the forum, and did not get involved in the repair side of equipment discussions often, but one thing for sure about your Dad is that if he mentioned something you can bet it was spot on.

I don't have anything to add to what has already been mentioned, but I think it is safe to say that the sentiment of the forum members is pretty unanimous - your Dad was very generous with his time and substantial knowledge, and he will be missed.

God bless you and your family.