• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Blowing trans filter o ring. Deere 310

tnc110

Machine is actually a 210le with a powershift transmission but it is the same as a 310. Not long ago I had to have my intermediate plate replaced on the back of the transmission because it developed a hole from corrosion caused by chicken manure. Today I was grading with the tractor and it blew the O-ring off the transmission filter. I pulled the filter fix the O-ring and it blew again within 10 minutes. Obviously there's too much pressure building somewhere. What should I look for.

heymccall

On my Deere wheel loaders, it has to be a ZF transmission filter. Wix, etc...blow the O-ring.
Similar issue on my Kubota SVL75, except opposite. On the 3307 engine, I have to run any engine oil filter except a Kubota filter. Blows the O-ring in under 10 hours.

tnc110

The filter that blew was OEM. But it has 200 hours on it Plus. I have a new filter on the way for tomorrow but it is aftermarket. I'll give it a try if no go maybe try and OEM

tnc110

Just tried a new filter. Blew in 10 minutes. How is the pressure regulated? I'm assuming the source of the excess pressure is slowly building, otherwise it would blow much quicker.

2 of the bolts that attach the intermediate plate (piece the valve bodies attach to)were lose and leaking fluid around them not long after it was replaced. Bolts were tightened and machine was used about 5 hrs before blowing filter ring. I wonder if damage to the gaskets between valve bodies and plate would cause my issue?

Last edited:

Roger ILe

John Deere 310 B I had a problem with the o rings under the valve body blowing and had a deere equipment shop parts depart tell me the accumlator was the problem. Accumlator is located close to starter ( A long cylinder ) Told to start machine and put stabilizer down, turn engine off and then try to lift stabilizer. Should lift some about half way. If it does not lift there is a problem with this part( It is filled with gas)

Last edited:

tnc110

I am not a John Deere guy. But, if those plates came loose it is quite possible the gaskets are damaged from oil under pressure going past the sealing surfaces.

I would put my money on this as well. I took to dealer ... should know soon.

tnc110

I went and looked at my old cover... guy that did the swap didn't know there was a check ball behind the cover. It was still there, held in by the old gasket that was suck to the plate.

Zorgo

Was it solved replacing the check valve? I have the same problem after replacing the intermediate plate.

Zorgo

Welcome to HEF Zorgo !
tnc110 hasn't been heard from since May 3rd, 2018. I doubt if he will be any help for you.
I would suggest that you remove the plate and see if the check ball is still there and functional.
Thanks for your quick response. I do remember seeing a ball valve but didn't test if it was working. And I can't find it on the parts catalogue. A technician said over the phone (I'm miles from any service center) that there's a relief valve on the lower part of the transmission that could be clogged or malfunctioning but it started blowing the filters after the upper plate was removed. What do you think?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Zorgo;)! Is your machine a syncshuttle (4 speed shifter on the floor) or a powershift (4 speed on the FNR handle)? Also a serial number is most helpful.