• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleeding PC 40

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
I cleaned out the feul filter sedamint bowl yesterday, refilled the bowl and put back on. Manually bled out air and cranked it over but it will not start. Rebled everything I could but no feul coming out of ejector lines from pump? Any one have any Idea what to do? I have changed the filters before with no problem...:beatsme

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
fuel

Have you left a couple of injector pipes loose so the air can get out of the pump?
Did you clamp a line when you removed the bowl? You say you refilled the bowl, are you sure you have got fuel to the top of filter.
Check you have fuel right to pump, manually pump with lift pump, make sure there is a good flow and you are not being fooled by fuel that was between filter and pump before you changed filter which is causing an air lock. Then leave an injector pipe loose, and crank her over. DONT crank too long and damage the starter!!!!
If no joy!!!!

I had an excavator that self bled after fuel filter change, then one day it was a PITA and had to be manually bled. I started having problems towards the end of shifts, low power etc, but next day machine was good as gold. This went on for a few days till she finally lost so much power I couldn't work !!!
Turned out the in tank filter on the pick up pipe was part blocked. As long as fuel tank was full, (start of shift ) everything was fine, good head of pressure. Once the tank got down the head pressure dropped and she struggled to get enough fuel. :mad:

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
Have you left a couple of injector pipes loose so the air can get out of the pump?
Did you clamp a line when you removed the bowl? You say you refilled the bowl, are you sure you have got fuel to the top of filter.
Check you have fuel right to pump, manually pump with lift pump, make sure there is a good flow and you are not being fooled by fuel that was between filter and pump before you changed filter which is causing an air lock. Then leave an injector pipe loose, and crank her over. DONT crank too long and damage the starter!!!!
If no joy!!!!

I had an excavator that self bled after fuel filter change, then one day it was a PITA and had to be manually bled. I started having problems towards the end of shifts, low power etc, but next day machine was good as gold. This went on for a few days till she finally lost so much power I couldn't work !!!
Turned out the in tank filter on the pick up pipe was part blocked. As long as fuel tank was full, (start of shift ) everything was fine, good head of pressure. Once the tank got down the head pressure dropped and she struggled to get enough fuel. :mad:

AtlasRob, I got it going this AM. Don't know what I did but I did loosen all ejector lines instead of just one like I did before. Manually pumped then cranked it over it started to pop and saw feul oozing from ejector lines, Tightned them up and it started...:beatsme Thanks for your advice so quickly...:drinkup

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
AtlasRob, I got it going this AM. Don't know what I did but I did loosen all ejector lines instead of just one like I did before. Manually pumped then cranked it over it started to pop and saw feul oozing from ejector lines, Tightned them up and it started...:beatsme Thanks for your advice so quickly...:drinkup

No prob BIGDAN, sounds like an air lock in the pump. Sure is a PITA when something so simple you've done many times before dumps on you. :drinkup