• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleeding hydro system

grf_1000

Komatsu wa400-5l. I am looking for the correct procedure to bleed the complete hydraulic system. I do have the service manual but it doesn't have anything about the steps needed.
I replaced the main pump as well as the switch pump. I need the proper way because it already blew a seal on the new main pump because it still had air in it when the loader was started.
The hydraulic tank is below the pumps so gravity bleeding doesn't seem to work.
Anyone with a link to the steps taken?

grf_1000

Crack / Seperate the suction lines and pressurize the tank so the pump inlets are full when you start.
I tried putting a few pounds of pressure into the tank and cracking the lines the pump but still had air in the system. Just wondering how to bleed the whole system before I try starting the machine. If it has air anywhere will there be air everywhere, including cylinders?

grf_1000

Update:
Put a couple pounds of air pressure into hyrdo tank. Had instant trans fill. Changed the charge pump shaft seal again. Cracked a line to bleed, added 2 pounds of air pressure to tank and had oil. As soon as the line was tightened. Within seconds had 6-7 gallons of hydraulic oil fill the trans. Like it was poured straight from a bucket.
I'm not expert by a long shot, my understanding was the only way the trans could get hydraulic oil into is would be the pump shaft seal?? To me even if the seal was completely removed it wouldn't be able flow that much oil so quickly. The machine was not even attempted to start. Only the 2 psi air to the tank.
I have talked to AIS and I was told they never heard of such thing.
Where do I start now?