• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleed Green...

hvy 1ton

Yep, both brand new as of last fall. The tractor showed up a day late, so the first day of cutting corn they had to drive the combine over to trucks for every load.

racsan

Occupation
assembler for a honda supplier plant
we are sadly getting out of farming operations. its just too much with overhead costs anymore, dad is getting up there in age and as much as id like to contine on, its just not a do-able thing. the no-till drill was our newest peice of equipment and the first thing that sold. ive got lots of pictures to show off. the only stuff i see kepping is the '46 ford 2N (bought new the year dad was born, i believe both were "delivered" in the same month!) and the small '66 1020 deere tractor with loader. one tractor i dont have a pic for i would have liked to have kept. it was a '64 ford 4000 gas, wide front with 5 speed. ive never seen another like it. seen a few row-crop select-o-speeds, but never another 5 speed wide front. grandpa bought it new, and dad traded it for the 1020. id have put the 4000 in ag shows, no need to restore when youve got a rare model! on to the pics!
dsnerror015.jpg
'73 6600 diesel
davesfile005-2.jpg
1973 1855 oliver turbo diesel
davesfile013.jpg
1966 deere 1020 gas
davesfile003.jpg
195? ford 8N with backhoe/sherman loader
davesfile008.jpg
1946 ford 2N
davesfile004-1.jpg
1967 oliver n/a diesel
davesfile007.jpg
1950 JD "A" (who hasnt owned one of these)

racsan

Occupation
assembler for a honda supplier plant
dad is retired from the phone company and drives school bus, i work as a assembler at a honda supplier factory that makes brake assemblies. i could kind of see it coming a few years back. the soaring fuel costs have pretty much been the nail in the coffin. as you could see by the pictures, most of the machinery was 30+ years old, alot of stuff for the oliver tractors is no longer available. the 1855 eats a turbo every other year, and profit margins have decreased rapidly even without upgrading machinery. its alot of effort to not get much return from. id rather dad sell equipment/land and enjoy a retirement than to continue to work away for nothing. with my work schedule, im not always able to help out, we only have about 300 acres, but thats alot for 1 person to do it all. i'll never forget growing up on the farm, the smell of fresly turned earth or the all-nighters, trying to stay ahead of the weather. id do it all again. wish it could still continue. but thats life i guess. cant support a family if your not making money.

30 dirty years

Occupation
Jak of all trades
East Moline harvester works sending out a load of new combines:usa

Attachments

• 2980617172_f6f86e419e-2.jpg
    2980617172_f6f86e419e-2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 681

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I'm just a newbie here as well but will post our JD equipment pics when I am allowed. My better half bleeds green and yellow paint if she cuts herself so owning JD is not an option on our farm. She is so "geenneck" that on our last Caribbean vacation she wore a nice bikini on the beach topped off with her favorite John Deere ball cap.
Me, I just wear my Stetson and pray they never make 'em in Green and Yellow......
pics please!

hvy 1ton

My little sister(16) decided to pick me up a box of these for a lunch time snack. I though everyone would get a big kick out of them.

PIC_0013.jpg

They were surprisingly good considering how bad, grease, oil, and diesel taste.:lmao

CAT345D L

COPPA
Occupation
Work on my GF's farm want to be an equipment opera
Well let me start off saying this is a nice site you guys have here loving it so far. Now let me say there is something the matter with you people bleeding green, red is the only way to farm.I work on my girlfriends farm and we got a CaseIH 5130 with a 5.9cummins, and CX100, and another old caseih not even sure of the model number.LOL looking at getting a MAXXUM 115 or 125 cant deside to get another mwfd or a 2wd dually.

Cretebaby

Well let me start off saying this is a nice site you guys have here loving it so far. Now let me say there is something the matter with you people bleeding green, red is the only way to farm.I work on my girlfriends farm and we got a CaseIH 5130 with a 5.9cummins, and CX100, and another old caseih not even sure of the model number.LOL looking at getting a MAXXUM 115 or 125 cant deside to get another mwfd or a 2wd dually.

:eek: Now that is just wrong:eek:

;)