• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

best work boots for heavy equipment mechnics

KevD815

I agree with 12v92. I have a pair of Chinese lace to toe Chippewas that are very comfortable. My only complaint is that I tore the stitching around the last two eyelets. I also have the american made Chippewa loggers but they are very warm in the summer and I'm not a big fan of Vibram Tacoma sole as it clogs full of mud. For all around use I've had great luck with Redwing #4420 loggers.

Considering trying a pair of unlined Danners. I spend a lot of time with the paving crew these days and need something a bit cooler!

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Back in the UK I swore by U.S. Cat boots... Can't remember what model, here in Canada I have been introduced to red wings. Best boots available. The insulated ones are ok down to 20below. Have a pair of Sorrel winter boots for colder than that.

JGibson

Had cat boots which I liked, had a pair of Carolina Loggers which I hated, now have Chippewa Super Loggers and love them. Comfortable, sturdy and safe!

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Danners super rain forest fully leather USA hand made. Almost 500.00 a pair. Typically lasts me 2 years, I walk in wet concrete and weld in them. Full leather uppers, triple stiched, safety toes and wide widths available. Draw backs are cost and weight. They are gortex lined. I wish they made them in the logger height. Danner is now making a lot of their boots in china, if they start making this boot in China they can shove it cause I will not be wearing a China boot.

Looking at the Wesco boot link, I might be ordering me a set of those, i dont see triple stiching or gortex? Danner does not recognize repeat customers and you would think after 5 pairs they might cut me a break and the made in China BS is just that.

Last edited: