• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best size grading/ditching bucket for KX057?

RickRossTN

I am about to take delivery on a Kubota KX057-5, and I am wondering how large a grading/ditching bucket it can manage comfortably? I'll be pulling a lot of wet sand and gravel out of a long creek bed, and probably wanting to have as much reach as possible. Is a 36-inch bucket likely to be the most effective, or would it be reasonable to go larger to perhaps 42-inch or 48-inch? Thanks in advance.

skyking1

absolutely get at least a 48"
That is a 12000 pound machine. I have a 9100 pound JD35G with cab and swing blade. I opted for a 42" and could not be happier. Sure you can get a little tippy over the side, but the wider grading swipe is so worth it. You work over the blade to each corner and will be able to sling a lot of what-have-you.
They make shallower bucket profiles too. It does not need to be super deep and heavy when full.

skyking1

Also welcome aboard Rick and congrats on the nice new iron. Post up some pics of the machine and the projects if you want to share.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Just bought a long stick kobelco sk35 w/ counterweight & 36" smooth bucket. I cleaned up some muck at my log yard. The 36 did fine, not tippy at all. Meanwhile, I looked at a bobcat e35 and it was tippy with a 24...

Are you counterweighted?20240310_115922.jpg