• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best Method for selling dozer

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
I have a Cat D3G LGP 2005 with 2450 hours. I was wondering how to market it for sale. I am aware of Machinery Trader. It is on my farm. I have owned and maintained it in accordance with the manual since 2009. It is always keep inside my shop when not active. Thanks.

10hotrod16

Ebay ebay ebay, i have had wonderful luck selling equipment there, it's buyer and seller protected. We have sold around 80 pieces over a period of 2 years and without any hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landclearer

We have used Ironplanet and have good luck with them. We use the daily marketplace which runs for seven days and lets you set a reserve, works like eBay and it has worldwide advertising.

Seabass

Set up a BBQ with girls in bikinis around you D3. Even if you dont sell it you`ll have a good time.

CDUB

Have a party then sell it? Or sell it then have a party? Either way, girls in bikinis are always a good idea.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
quickest sell would be ironplanet or bidadoo on ebay. advertising in machinery trader is the best bang for your buck (not cheap). looks like 35k would be the middle of the road without further info. expect at least 3 months to sell at that number which is about $1000 in advertising......................theironoracle

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
Thanks to all. I do have it listed now on Machinery Trader. I was hoping I made the right decision. Those girls in bikinis was a nice thought too!

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Ritchie Bros is having an auction in Nashville on Dec. 19. Get you money faster. Just a thought.

The Craigslist thing is very true. Lots of traffic, but you get all of the idiots wanting to know if you'll let them demo it at their place, will you sell it for 1/2, or whatever else crazy they can come up with. But not a penny spent on marketing!

You know- if there was to be a large farm or estate selling at auction in your area, I have seen small equipment like that bring stupid high money before.

Last edited: