• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best Liability Insurance in MA

ARPlante

Occupation
Owner, secretary, estimator, mechanic, janitor
Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and have spent the last couple days reading many of the various threads here. I'm impressed by the knowledge of the industry that many of you possess! It was on this knowledge I would like to draw from. I'm in the process of starting my own excavation company and I was wondering what insurance companies offer the best general liability insurance packages for excavation contractors in Massachusetts? The names of insurance companies and insurance agents that offer the insurance would be greatly appreciated. Any advice on general liability insurance for an excavation contractor would be appreciated as well.

Jeff D.

Hello ARPlante,it's great too see another new member.I needed to get liability insurance a few months ago,also.I contacted an "Assurex Global" agent in my area and they were able to find an insurance that would cover the type of excavating that I'll be doing.

The insurance co. they hooked me up with is: West Bend Mutual Business Insurance Company.(262)334-5571 (I couldn't find a web address on the binder,perhaps a search on google would work)

I don't know if they're available in Mass.,but if not, I'm sure Assurex Global could find one that is. www.assurex.com

My policy is 1mill. aggregate limit/500k per occurrence. I don't know how that compares to the policies others have,but I thought it would be enough for my small operation.

I don't know enough about insurance to give you any advice on what to look for.Perhaps others here can help out on that.

Good Luck.

ARPlante

Occupation
Thanks for the link Jeff. I appreciate any help you can offer! Good luck with your endeavors!

Andrew

ARPlante

Occupation
Thanks Electra, thats exactly the kind of information I'm looking for.

dayexco

we get ours through general casualty. been very good so far. make sure you get the XCU "explosion, collapse, underground" in there, and if you do snow removal commercially in the winter, get that too