• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best electric grease gun for the money

tie_in_man88

Occupation
JAM-UP!!!
How's it going hands? Just joined the forum, and this is my first post. I have seen older posts discussing electric grease guns, but I need more current reassurance. Im about to break down a purchase one. Between Milwaukee, Lincoln Electric, and Dewalt what model is the best choice for the price?

Thanks!

jprefect

Occupation
mainline hoe operator
I bought a Milwaukee last year and love it. Saves enemy more time because it has a pump counter on it and stops at what ever you set it at. Built in flashlight. Plus the batteries are changeable with other Milwaukee products.

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I have been very happy with my Milwaukee's and have friends with dewalt's that they are happy with. I have had battery issues with lincoln in the past and after using the milwaukee's I wouldn't even consider a lincoln. Just my $.02

td15c

18v Lincoln is a good gun but the plastic on the batteries don't hold up. I changed to the Milwaukee m18, because I already had batteries and it is a good gun to with a much better battery set up.

mitch504

I really like the Alemite cordless gun, and believe they make about the best manual ones, too. I used an Alemite for 9 years and had no problems with it, other than buying one new set of batteries.

My Alemite still works, but I just bought an M18 Milwaukee this fall since I carry 2 impacts, a grinder, drill, ratchet, and sawzall of theirs. The M18 is good, and the lithium-ion batteries are far and away better than the ni-cads I was using, but, priming and purging the air from the M18 is nowhere near as easy and convenient as the Alemite is. The Milwaukee is a good bit heavier and bulkier, too.

All in all, if I was going to just use a cordless grease gun, it'd be an Alemite, since they use Li-ion batteries now too. If I wanted it to fit in with other cordless tools, it'd be the Milwaukee.

cgood1

I've had a pneumatic, a Lincoln, and a Milwaukee cordless, by far the Milwaukee out performs the rest. One of the first great guns ever where the bleeder actually worked. Factory tip grips quite well also

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
I also vote Alemite. Best grease guns on the market. My last couple Lincolns seem to be going downhill in quality.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I've got a Lincoln that's on its way out. My next one will be a Milwaukee.

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Milwaukee no problems had a Lincoln before, mil much better.

Jonas302

Dewalt has worked very well but nothing to compare to a
Highly recommend a locknlube coupler really makes any grease gun a joy to use

Twisted

I bought a bare tool DeWalt grease gun because I have a huge stash of 18V tools and batteries. I'm very impressed. It puts out as much or more pressure than most of my hand guns. It is heavy but I attribute that to being well built. I looked at Lincoln and the other top brands. I may have went to another brand if I didn't have all of the batteries but all said and done, I'm super happy greasing an excavator, dozer and skid steer daily plus some other equipment on some days. My $0.02

pinewood50

Lincoln isn't great for service, bought one this for January 2016 job, it worked a couple times but not much power even with batteries fully charged, and proper grade grease it would only pump half the tube then stop. Worse part company bought it from doesn't take it back, all warranty work is done through manufacturer and that's the trouble they are in the states and only a view offices in Canadian region that does service and almost all are in Quebec and you can't get anyone on the phone, just answering machines, Today after 10 calls to different places got thru to someone and they said they didn't have any calls today so they weren't expecting to have to deal with anything today as a couple provinces were still having family day. Finally found a third party that is willing to send the gun to Vancouver to have it looked at and it will take a few weeks to hear back from them but at least I got to talk to a human, so if you want reliability with good customer service, don't buy the Lincoln in Canada.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Lincoln isn't great for service, bought one this for January 2016 job, it worked a couple times but not much power even with batteries fully charged, and proper grade grease it would only pump half the tube then stop. so if you want reliability with good customer service, don't buy the Lincoln in Canada.

Great news. I ordered a Lincoln kit yesterday. Hope it works better than yours did. Is yours the 14.4V or 18V?

pinewood50

Great news. I ordered a Lincoln kit yesterday. Hope it works better than yours did. Is yours the 14.4V or 18V?

its the 18v lithium, finally got a shop that will send it down to Vancouver to look at it, they think its the motor malfunctioning, take a few weeks to hear back, see what happens if and when we get it back. Still definitely not buying theres again because of the poor customer service experience.

I currently own two Lincolns and other than being a pain to bleed they held up great one is ten years old the other is 8.