• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best coupler for my Caterpillar?

buffaloman

I am now the proud owner of a Cat 966B. It will be a farm machine and I am thinking it would be nice to have a quick coupler system for easy change-over to things like forks, boom, blade, post driver, bucket, ect. Who makes a quick coupler for this application, and what is the best system for me? I have been searching the web and see quite a bit of JRB attachments. Would JRB be a good way for me to go? I want something that has been around for a while so I can find used attachments to purchase. I am a pretty good fabricator so I could probably do some adapting to make a coupler plate fit my machine if needed.

DGODGR

I recommend sticking with a CAT coupler. They are proven to be as good as any other, there are probably more out there than any other (easier to find used), and best of all are supported by your CAT dealer thus making parts/service one stop shopping.

quackattak

After Cat bought balderson the balderson family started a new business named Dymax. Look up Dymax on the computer, they are still building the same stuff they have for years.

oz2255

I have a cat coupler on a962G Cat and a JRB on a Deere. When it comes time to spec another machine , it will be a JRB.