• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best All Around Skid Steer

Builtstronger

Occupation
General Construction
I have never run a Tak, or a mustang. I do like the new cat undercarriage out of all I have seen. I believe the company that makes bobcat tracks make them for Tak also. The company is Berco out of Italy but I could be wrong on that one. Bobcat has the digital display that is pretty neat.

BAREIN

I have never run a Tak, or a mustang. I do like the new cat undercarriage out of all I have seen. I believe the company that makes bobcat tracks make them for Tak also. The company is Berco out of Italy but I could be wrong on that one. Bobcat has the digital display that is pretty neat.

Tak Has there own UC, they are the original manufacturer of CTL's. Tak's have more metal on metal than the others, makes for a rougher louder ride, but also the strongest. Tak's were designed from the ground up as CTL's unlike the others that take there wheel loaders and adapt Berco UC's on them.

Builtstronger

Occupation
General Construction
Why Tak? Give me the low down on them, I am looking to buy one, most likely the 279c, but I am still open to a different brand.

Dr. W

Occupation
Pilot for major airline
i would go with the cat iv ran them all and love the cat great power reliable im short to and i just run it with the seat aired most of the way up and can see fine

I own a Cat 289 and it is a great machine! In fact, I had a meeting today with Reps from Mustang Cat in houston and Cat about there machines! Just expect the machine to get better!

Dr. W

Occupation
Pilot for major airline
300hrs. The tracks are adjusting at the same rate on both sides.

My quess, is that the track problems(with hight overhaul cost) that Cat had, with the ASV, is behind them!

Builtstronger

Occupation
General Construction
well they are new enough they haven't had many problems yet. I talked to a friend that sells bobcat and he said they have replaced a couple drive motors but nothing serious on the undercarriage. After 300 hours what percent left would you say were left on them. I demoed t650 the other day (my first time on tracks) I was thoroughly impressed with the stability and the traction and ground pressure on the bucket.

backhoeboy

Occupation
farmer/ truck driver/ equipment operator
Something to think about a rudder tire skid steer like a ls180 with over tire tracks out do any rubber track machine, without having to spend $3k on track every time they rip or 800hrs give or take conditions.

Allgood

Something to think about a rudder tire skid steer like a ls180 with over tire tracks out do any rubber track machine, without having to spend $3k on track every time they rip or 800hrs give or take conditions.

Yeah, I sure like what those over the tire steel tracks do to a customer's sidewalk, concrete driveway, asphalt driveway etc. If you want steel tracks and a front bucket, it's better and cheaper to just buy an older high lift dozer. I've had all the above. I'll stick with my CTL for my multipurpose tool thank you.

sqrl$$

Been looking into CTL's myself here lately. I was between the BC T190, Cat 257b2 and the Tak 130. I had pretty much eliminated the BC and leaning mostly to the Tak until today. I have a friend that runs a Kubota dealership. He showed me the brochure and specs on the Kubota SVL75. WOW!!! 75 hp 66" track width, 6204 breakout force. These numbers are in line with the Tak but in a vertical lift boom and very nice spacious cab. He has on to arrive end of the month or first of June and has me first on the list to demo it. If everything looks as good as the specs and pics, I will probably be a Kubota owner soon.

I got a copy of the specs for it and the SVL90 if anybody wants more infor on it. The dealers don't even have the brochures yet, he just has an early release one.

Allgood

My only, and I do mean only, hesitation would be because it is a brand new model. You won't hear me bad mouth Kubota, but I did buy a first model year of an M class tractor many years ago and had a bunch of little issues. Kubota took care of me just fine, but it was a PIA. If I didn't have a Tak mini excavator I would have bought Kubota. I just got a better deal on a 600 hour Tak than I could find on a 'bota. Sometimes when you think two brands are about equal money makes the difference. JMHO. Can't see Kubota making a junk machine tho. Just too good of a reputation for too long. Good luck!

sqrl$$

Yeah I am always a little nervous about being one of the first to test a machine, but given Kubotas reputation and the fact that I know this dealer will definately take care of me makes a big difference.