• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Belzona Super Metal

lantraxco

Did anyone try to repair a damaged cilinderrod with belzona? Really curious if this works, i know it works really well on cavitated cilinderliner bores but they dont move as much as a cilinder rod
Hydraulic cylinder rod? Yes for scratches and gouges. If you mean engine cylinder rod, I would not try it.

lantraxco

For hydraulic cilinder rods ofcourse, is it durable ?
I have never used the Belzona but have seen some success with epoxies in years past. Typically the higher the operating pressure the lower the chances of success. Preparation of course is everything to get a good bond.

lantraxco

I might try this, smear some old rod up with Belzona and see what happens
Yes, obviously you have to roughen up the surface a bit like with a die griner, and we used to clean with acetone but perhaps there is some better way.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I have used it on a couple of small cylinder rods. I used a thin cut off wheel and gently made the scratch deeper, so it doesn't flake off. Than filled it with belzona and sanded smooth. so far it has lasted 4-5 years.