• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Belaz 7540 vs Scania p 380

dominikat12

Today I spoke with a friend of mine who is a truck driver. He is now driving Scania p 380 whose payload is rated at 26 tons. He told me that these trucks are constantly being loaded with not 26 but 35 tons... This is 40% higher payload than the rated one. He told me that these trucks very often go for gravel and there have been cases where even 40 tons have been reached.

I was wondering if a 15 ton truck can load and carry 35 tons than why do you need a belaz which weighs almost 30 tons empty and carries another 30... Is it because of the durability or what? I know that such a Scania won't last long in the open pit because its chasis is way too fragile but still it weighs twice as less than the belaz and carries the same weight... And as a whole what do you think is the advantage of the belaz over the Scania if there is any at all.

Last edited: