• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bees?

camara

Occupation
Horizontal Directional Drilling Contractor
Holy crap! What kinda bees were those???

BIG ONES!:eek:

stretch

Occupation
gopher
When my grandpa and his friend were building a road many years ago, they pushed all the stumps off to the side before winter with a D8. Our buddies the bees came in and made their winter homes in the stumps and when springtime came around, they pulled the stumps over and out came the bees. :pointhead That really must've hurt because grandpa didn't bother to elaborate much after that.

GaryKelley

Occupation
Self employed loser
i was running an older D8K a couple of years back, pushing brush and small trees. of course it was in the heat of the summer, so all the meatbees were active. You couldn't help but open up a nest several times a day. We reversed the engine fan, so at least the airflow wasn't throwing them right at me..I got stung a few times, but mostly they commited suicide.

PROCUT1

The seat safety switch used to tick me off when i was using my tractor. York raking a new lawn i dug into a nest and jumped off and ran. That tractor missed every house, every tree, and must have went for at least a mile before it found its way into a fire hydrant and was sitting there trying to climb it when i finally caught up to it.

xkv8r

I went to my uncles farm to get the harrows for the grading tractor. He said it was up in the loft and said go climb up and get it and I will get the lift to get it down . I moved a hay bale and disturbed a giant bumble bee nest. I jumped out of the loft "about 12 feet ,hit the ground , ran about 20 feet and started rolling in the dirt .They finally stopped , my uncle didn't see me get attacked , all he saw was me running around like an idiot and start rolling on the ground.

mascas

Occupation
Mechanic
I hate bees,wasps,hornets,horse flies,yellow jackets,and ants. I will go out of my way to destroy them and there habitat. I will NOT work around them nor will I try to ignore them...I was stung as a child all over by an angry little swarm of yellow jackets while trying to get a lawn mower out of a shed,my mom said it looked like a black clound following me into the pond. Since then I will destroy them with whatever I have..I would burn down part of the earth to kill them.:mad:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Well no more trouble with bees since I left Socal, but the Fire Ants on the other hand...