• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Beach Cleaner??

junior

Hi. i want to try a new job, beach cleaning. but i have no idea about the equipment. do you know any one that can do it. i mean, it will take sand, clean from any other materials in it, and throw it.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Here they just have rakes the run up and down the beach. to drag the stuff into a pile. Then a loader picks it up and loads it into a truck.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yeah, thats the majority of what I've seen, a tractor with a rake.

I've also seen a tractor pulling a self contained scalping screen on one beach. It had its own motor, hydraulics etc. The sand went in the bottom, kinda like a pan, and was fed out the back. Every once in a while it would go empty its load of debris that was shaped and baled like a round hay bale. Kinda neat but the thing was huge.

I was trying to find a picture but don't know the exact name of it. :beatsme

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yeah Orchard, thats kinda like the one I saw. :thumbsup

junior

rake is not good. small particules are problem. Orchard, it is fine for it's system. but i think any attachment for a loader, or grader, for a most common equipment is better. because i can do it only 5 month. for ex. any attachment for a CAT 120G can be fine. or a 955L or another one.

junior

all of the givens are rake machines. they take materials in sand. but i need sand sieve machine, especially capable to attach to an equipment.

nedly05

The beach cleaners I have seen work seperate the trash from the sand and lay the sand back down all pretty. They look just like what Orchard showed.