• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BD2F Remove Cylinders

DBaj

I have a hydraulic leak under my right shift cylinder. To get access to remove the hoses and lines I need to remove the cylinder.
I thought it would be as easy as pulling the cotter pin and using a M12x1.5 bolt and a pulling frame.
Not so much luck. Pins are soaked in rust breaking fluid and the they spin easily but they won't pull.

What am I missing?20230905_180823.jpg20230905_180833 2.jpg20230905_180827 2.jpg

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
If the pin is free & spinning, it will have a step worn into it.
Does the cylinder move in & out a little?
Just need to jiggle the cylinder a little while trying to pull the pin.

Welder Dave

Maybe threading a bolt in the pin and turning it while pulling on it and jiggling the cylinder will get it to come out.

shopguy

Probably like a Cat,got a self aligning bearing with the inner race rusted to the pin put a short all threaded bolt in it to protect the threads and knock it to the inside to free it

DBaj

Thank you everyone! I will give these a try tonight and let you know how it goes.