• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BC 763 seat switch

jamucat

Thank you. I figured that I needed to hold the white piece from turning. Now I have the seat switch working by cleaning the gunk around it and making sure the 'key' can slide up and down. The switch is working but my problems are not solved. When I sit in the seat and lower the bar I get three lights but Traction is not lit.
If I raise the bar and lift my butt all lights are out. I now push the traction override and I get that solenoid click and a green light on the BCIS Traction lock. If I sit down and the solenoid clicks out and the machine locks up. With the seat light on I can not get the machine to move.
The machine must have a computer that is acting weird. I feel like I am chasing my tail and it is getting shorter.

mrfixitpaul

It sounds like you may have the brake pedal on, or a faulty switch at the brake pedal that 'thinks' you have set the brake. You can disconnect the switch for the brake pedal....follow the tube back from the pedal to the under cab area, and unplug the 2 wire connector from the harness. The brake pedal switch is just a normal on/off switch and leaving it disconnected will not affect anything but the parking brake pedal function.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thank you. I figured that I needed to hold the white piece from turning. Now I have the seat switch working by cleaning the gunk around it and making sure the 'key' can slide up and down. The switch is working but my problems are not solved. When I sit in the seat and lower the bar I get three lights but Traction is not lit.
If I raise the bar and lift my butt all lights are out. I now push the traction override and I get that solenoid click and a green light on the BCIS Traction lock. If I sit down and the solenoid clicks out and the machine locks up. With the seat light on I can not get the machine to move.
The machine must have a computer that is acting weird. I feel like I am chasing my tail and it is getting shorter.

Hold on a minute. If I'm not mistaken, when you sit in the seat and activate the seat safety switch, it lights the Seat LED on BICS controller. When you drop seat bar, it lights the Seat Bar LED on BICS. But these do not activate the traction lock solenoid. You have to push the Traction Lock button on left console to activate traction solenoid and release traction brake, this after you have activated seat switch and seat bar. Likewise, if you don't have either seat switch of seat bar LED's lit, it won't unlock traction brake. :)

mrfixitpaul

The 'push to operate' was not originally installed on bics machines with a seat sensor, it was developed to eliminate the seat sensor and all of it's problems.

When the seat sensor worked properly, you sit in the seat, lower the bar, and everything worked....no button needed to be pressed. Some of the controllers had a delay for if you came out of the seat, to prevent instant lock up....others would give a he!! of a headache when the brake locked up everytime you bounced off the seat for a split second

jamucat

Yes this machine never needed the 'push to operate' The traction override I use when running the backhoe so I can move around with out getting back in the seat and dropping the bar. I played with pushing the brake on and off this afternoon as I never use it I thought maybe it was on part way. Tomorrow I will go at it again. I would hate to have to take it to Bobcat for reopair. Not only do they cost alot but BCFerries will charge me about $150 for the trip to Vancouver and back.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Ok, got it, been a while since I've been around one of these older machines. ;)

mrfixitpaul

I had the 'joy' of chasing hundreds of these machines around when the bics first arrived....to try and teach operators how things worked and to try and find solutions to make system more user friendly without compromising safety.

jamucat

You Did a fantastic job with me. The BRAKE SWITCH has been disabled and ALL problems seem to have gone away.

THANK YOU

Charles::)

PS Thank you to all who responded with help.

gatoulis

Occupation
mechanic
lift the cabin under the seat belt you will see the sensor of the seat belt a 1/2 nut is holding the sensors eye take it out clean it and try again