• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Basic Hydraulic Question 580CK 1969

rasman57

Recently completed a lot of work on my old 580 CK and had the loader frame assembly off. Tractor repairs made and engine runs great. Refill the system and start the tractor and it is under a real load....move the loader controls and eases the load and runs ok..let off the loader and struggles.
Before starting repairs, I pulled the hoe off and disconnected the two large hydraulic hoses running from the loader valve/hand control back towards the hoe. Initially I simply looped one of the hoses to close the system so I could drive the tractor and still operate the loader. Now I have two new hoses and have terminated each with a quick coupler for the hoe, but started to wonder if I can have a "dead end" or if the fluid must loop through the loader valve?

One of the two hoses supplies the hoe control valve when it is on the tractor and the other is the return. But I do not know how the fluid runs through the loader control valve. I am going to double check all my new hoses to see if any got crossed but I think they are good and suspect I can't have the open loop, dead end hoses? does fluid have to run through the valve assembly. Educate me. Thanks

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Typical flow would be pump to loader valve, probably has a "Power Beyond sleeve inside the outlet of the loader valve so the flow can go to the BH valve and through it and back to tank. If you only had a loader the loader valve wouldnt have the "Power beyond Sleeve" and the outlet would go back to tank. The loader valve will have priority so when you operate the loader the oil has a relief path to the cylinders. When you are not using the loader and the oil can't get through the BH valve because it isn't connected, the only path back to tank is through the main relief in the loader valve which means that the engine will be loaded down driving the pump at relief pressure. Yes the oil will have to go through the BH valve or you have to connect the supply and return lines to each other. When you aren't using the loader the flow will go to the loader valve and on to the tank through the connected supply and return lines. When you operate the loader the flow will be redircted to the loader cylinders and the return flow from the cylinders will go on back through the "Power Beyond Sleeve" to the loop and back to tank. This is typical of open center system, I'm not that familiar with that machine's systems but if it's open center and not constant pressure system I should be correct.

Last edited:

mitch504

Yep, the old swabby is right;). Those two hoses need to be connected, when the hoe is not on. Good Luck, Mitch

rasman57

Thanks men. I had a sense that was jamming me up. I will loop em together with a short hose until i get the tractor back to the hoe. Appreciate the help.