• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Basic explanation of Cat Pre-combustion vs Direct Injection Injectors

LCA078

Was surfing the interwebs and ran across this presentation that did a basic explanation and illustration of Cat PC vs DI systems. About half the old iron I'm looking at it PC while the other is DI. I'm very happy to not deal with electronics or emissions! I know this info is obvious for the majority of folks on the forum but hopefully it will be helpful someone using the search function just starting to acquire old iron like me. Here's the link:

https://www.slideshare.net/wilbort/engine-systems-diesel-engine-analyst-part-2

Here's a screenshot of a couple slides that I thought were particularly helpful. If anyone has an account on this website, maybe they can download and post the whole deck.

Attachments

• history of fuel injectors caterpillar.JPG
    history of fuel injectors caterpillar.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 14
  • types of caterpillar fuel injectors.JPG
    types of caterpillar fuel injectors.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: