• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bantam C-350 Crane

Captain Nemo

Occupation
recycler
Craneguy,
WOW,,,,this is a big help...I should be on the way to finding the right starter...I see an alternator on your machine. It must be 6 volt ??

craneguy001

Thats a nice collection. Would you have a sprag clutch for the boom hoist power lowering on a T 350?
All but one of mine are worm gear driven boom hoists and the one that is is still running. Are you dead set on sprag or would you be interested in converting it to power down? I know where to get a new sprag clutch assembly but it’s around $1500 which is why if mine ever goes out it’s gong to be replaced with a worm gear power down

Tugger2

I did find a new one at the bearing supplier for 2200.00 up here. Ive noticed the worm drive option in my parts book i guess id have to think about converting if i could find one .

craneguy001

I guess they have gone up since I checked a few years ago while looking for parts. I have a worm gear boom hoist I’d part with. Where are you located?

Tugger2

Theres not many left up here . Im headed off to work right now but ill think about the worm hoist and get back to you. My Bantam is in good shape except for the boom hoist .

Tugger2

Ive read up on the different boom hoists in my manual.Im not sure if converting to the worm drive over rebuilding the sprag is the way to go. Is the worm drive much of an improvement over the sprag?

LegueMarine

Hey guys just came across this old thread and thought Id ask, Ive got a 70's c-350 that needs a sprag installed. Now I've got the part but my Father lent our maintenance manual to a friend who passed away and of course we didnt get it back. Was wondering if anyone would have one that I could buy a copy of or buy a physical copy. The lake is frozen up here in Ontario and its maintenance time on the old girl, I want to get it fixed before thw ice goes out as this is our main machine for our work on the barge. Any help would be amazing.