• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bad FINAL DRIVES ON MY Komatsu pc27r mini excavator

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 542 IUOE
PA Highwayman,
I found your site by shear luck, I've been in the construction industry for 30 years and I,ve so far enjoyed everything I read! I like to say Hello to every one and right now my main issues are bad FINAL DRIVES ON MY Komatsu pc27r mini excavator final drives they are Nachi model # PHV-250-37-9-8396A any help please!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I moved this post here from the 'Introduce yourself' section. Hopefully somebody will be able to lend a hand.
Maybe a quick description of the specific problem would be helpful.

Last edited:

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
Bad komatsu drivess on my komatsu mini excavator model pc27r8

HI,
I am new and I will read to conform how to post. I am in need of help with 2 bad final Drives the machine serial # is 11477 The Final Drives are Nachi Model PHV-250-37-9-8396A ONE DRIVE NEEDS PARTS SUCH AS SWASH PLATE , 9 PISTONS W SHOES, AND 3 OTHER PARTS. The other drive will work only after you engage it and it has about 2 minute delay then it works. I need advice can some body help?Either reply here or if its ok you can email me,

Highwayman at techspecind@comcast.net thanks so much

I do have a drive drawing if some one can tell me how to up load it.

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Either reply here or if its ok you can email me,

We always like it when the wisdom is shared with everybody, by posting it here. That's our whole reason for existing. :)

I do have a drive drawing if some one can tell me how to up load it.

Willie59 put together a great tutorial on how to post images, here.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Pa Highwayman.

I'm the largest supplier of excavator final drives in North America. We also collaborate with company's in England, Australia and New Zealand to form The Final Drive Centre
I received your message and have replied. We'll help you.

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
No Help With Bad Drives

I received no help, I really hoped I could save some money and fix my machine but after 48 hrs of search I have come up with buying 2new ones since nobody will sell parts individually and I have 2 of these Machines down oh well time to buy new one since No one came back to help and Devco won't sell Nachi Drives without tacking on Komatsu's price, But after 15 hrs of research i have the new drive# and a full chart to match up before I buy! Thanks Anyway Highway! :confused:

Last edited:

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Sorry, we tried to call you three times today and never got through. No voicemail, nothing.
Difficult to help during non-business hours. Message posted on a Saturday..I tried!

alco

I received no help, I really hoped I could save some money and fix my machine but after 48 hrs of search I have come up with buying 2new ones since nobody will sell parts individually and I have 2 of these Machines down oh well time to buy new one

Perhaps a change of brand with your new purchase would be in order then.

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
best of luck

:notworthy:cool2maybe you should buy an yanmar,i have no problems getting parts. why did final drives go bad ,how many hours. how much for nem drives

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
Thanks Mr. Komatsu,
No Help from Devco, and no referral for parts. Itseems Komatsu Has a proprietary deal with Nachi Final Drives and parts can only be obtained thru Komatsu.
I found parts for every other drive and the machine has been down since J uly 4 th weekend. I refuse to ask Komatsu for a price since they tack on a "proprietary fee" and I can't afford it. Do you have any other ideas.

Pa Highwayman

Occupation
The one final Drive hesitates when you operate it about a 2 min delay, and the other Drive needs Hydraulic section Repaired. parts like swash plate, 9 pistons and shoes , retainer plate, but i cant find parts in the usa.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Actually there is only 2 options.
S/N 10001 and up for USA takes 20P-60-81101
All other serial numbers ranges (that begin with F) takes 843000184
20P-60-81101 is the Nachi PHV-250-37-9-8396A

MrKomatsu

like i said i worked for the manufactor of this motor,,,,we made seven differnt models for the pc27r...

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
I can answer that. I asked them the same thing while sitting in their conference room.
They are supposed to support for 10 years, but 4 years is more realistic.
I asked how they can possibly treat customers such as Komatsu with this kind of service..?
They did not answer or seem to care.
I can tell you that the construction parts division is a fraction of what they do. The plant for this was in the back of the small city that they occupied.
It seemed very clear to me that they could care less whether they even had this division. It was almost as if they were obligated to do it....very strange..