• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bad day! loose a track, machine burns up...

EddieWalker

$70,000 sounds about right considering dealer rates and new replacement parts. When I had some problems with the hydraulic motors on my Case dozer, the dealer said it would be $20,000 for each hydraulic pump, and that I needed to replace all three. I took one out myself and had it rebuilt for $2,000 plus another $1,000 for them to go through the drive motor for that pump.

Eddie

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
The Deere was removed from the jobsite on wed. of this week. I was on another site working so not recovery pictures, sounded like everything went smooth though.

But now the deere dealer is tring to say that there is $70,000 worth of damages done to the machine.... I don't know if there trying to screw the insurance company out of it of what. That just seems way, way too high for repairs, hell we should have just let it burn... :beatsme

OOOOw, seem to remember one or two comments along those lines at the time of your first post, and must admit when you wrote about running with a bucket I hoped it was diesel you were adding to the fire :D.
With an insurance claim the dealer will be quoting to replace anything that got excessively hot even things we wouldn't think of, ( O rings ) pipework we would take a chance on, they wont. I bet its a new cab in the quote where as we would rub it down and respray. ;)
If it was ours and not insured ( I dont mean, me personally, I mean us part exp ops with a few spanners ) we could probably have it up and running for about a 10th of that, but then add on the labour we none of us count as were doing it :D and the fact that the colours dont match just perfect but it will do for us as its a machine, etc, etc, etc.
Now compare that to your mate who when he gets it back from the dealer following an insurance claim repair has a hose burst after 23hrs due to failliar as a result of undetected damage sustained in the fire :mad:
I agree it seems a lot of money but at the end of the day whether it costs $50000 or $70000 its an insurance claim, and if you and me had been a bit cleverer ;) we would be working in that industry instead of this one :D :drinkup

AND being on another job is not a good enough excuse for the lack of pictures, do 100 lines " poor planning leads to lack of pictures " :D

After thought, what does a new one cost, roughly.

Last edited: