• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Backhoe demand really slowing down?

irwin

Hi there ,i,m from Scotland ,i'm new to this forum ,i came across it whilst trying to find a part for my mate ,i operate a JCB 3cx sitemaster backhoe (or 180 we call them over here).The last few months have been really quite on the construction sites.Our economy is in a real bad way ,all thanks to A** h***s running this country into the ground.I mean we're paying £5.10 for a gallon of diesel !!!!!!.:Banghead:soapbox.Sorry for the rant and butting in on your thread guys..:)

Hi Jacob, hello from across the pond. Sorry to hear things are so bad in Scotland, heard the same from other european nations, perhaps after the change happens this November in the USA the brother nations will see improvements. We can hope. Good luck.

note: maybe not a good thing to use non-family friendly language in your first post? :beatsme

GEM9

Hi Jacob, hello from across the pond. Sorry to hear things are so bad in Scotland, heard the same from other european nations, perhaps after the change happens this November in the USA the brother nations will see improvements. We can hope. Good luck.

note: maybe not a good thing to use non-family friendly language in your first post? :beatsme

Im not sure what the exchange from lira to USD is but we are up over $5.30 a gal for diesel here. the economy is in the dirt thats for sure. Maybe after the elections here things will swing the other way. this seems to happen during every election year but seems to be worse this time around.

LeakyBoot

Very Little

Talked to septic tank supplier. Not moving much. One area had 70 permits going last yr this time. This yr----15. That's quite a difference.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Jacob:
You think YOUR country is being ground into the dirt nose first? You trying doing something around here if you aren't BEE compliant! I think diesel is only cheap in the land of fairies and trolls. We pay R11 for one litre, and you pay around R13 for a litre (equivilant)

Last edited: