• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Back in town

kat09

Occupation
operating engineer 38yrs.(retired)2013
Ron G. Good to meet you. I'm kinda new here but its always good to hear a success story. Cheers, have a good day.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Thank you all for the kind words,I am a miracle no doubt.I am having back problems as my oncologist said I would if I kept putting on weight so I have cut back on my intake and am looking to lose maybe one pound a week or so but is seems to be going slowly and it is tough to cut back when you have been eating institutional groceries for a few years and can finally have even what's on sale is better than the slop I am used to in funny farm.I renamed the place to ****** Kavorkian,can't say the first name at the risk of being accused of slander but it is rare that anyone ever leaves there alive it seems.
Brother,it looks like you might be over on axle weight there,that 550 might be huffing a little?That is nice looking wood though.
Are you going to saw it yourself?Have you got the mill set up yet?I think you need to get that new bride (As TCtractors says) out there shooting some videos of your operation.Ron G

dsgsr

Occupation
Anything I can make $$ at.
Thank you all for the kind words,I am a miracle no doubt.I am having back problems as my oncologist said I would if I kept putting on weight so I have cut back on my intake and am looking to lose maybe one pound a week or so but is seems to be going slowly and it is tough to cut back when you have been eating institutional groceries for a few years and can finally have even what's on sale is better than the slop I am used to in funny farm.I renamed the place to ****** Kavorkian,can't say the first name at the risk of being accused of slander but it is rare that anyone ever leaves there alive it seems.
Brother,it looks like you might be over on axle weight there,that 550 might be huffing a little?That is nice looking wood though.
Are you going to saw it yourself?Have you got the mill set up yet?I think you need to get that new bride (As TCtractors says) out there shooting some videos of your operation.Ron G

that 550 can take a lot more. I had about 13,000 on, I can legally carry 16,500 and I've had about 18,000 on it before. Sawmill not set up yet, I've got to do some land clearing too make a place for it. I'm hauling these logs to a yard about 14-miles away and selling them.

DaveG

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I don't doubt that the truck will carry the weight but if you were checked for weight on each axle it looks like you would be light on the front but the duals seem like they might be over a bit.This blizzard will keep you busy I'll bet.Ron G

dsgsr

Occupation
Anything I can make $$ at.
Yup, It might be over on unbalanced type weight. But around here the creeper cops seldom stop any truck under 2-ton. I'm 1.5 ton This Blizzard sucks, don't know for sure but looks like 18" out there. The only good thing is the wind has been strong so not much snow hanging on fir tree limbs too go down your neck when cutting;)

DaveG